Who we are
You can visit the Tauranga Women’s Refuge About Us website page to find out about us and our services.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you complete and submit our Volunteer/Newsletter Sign up forms, you will automatically be added to our mailchimp database. We use a double opt in process which requires you to confirm your acceptance via an email that is sent after the form has been submitted. You can unsubscribe at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in the footer of the email.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
We use Google Analytics tracking to help us improve our website.
We use Google reCAPTCHA to make sure interaction with our website is with a human, to protect against machine input.
Recordings – crisis line after hours calls
We record telephone calls to the Crisisline after hours to help ensure that the advice we give meets the highest standards of safety and quality. We keep these recordings for three months and then they are destroyed.
People who contact Women’s Refuge may be in life threatening situations or experiencing acute distress. In order to respond effectively, we have removed any time delays and intrusive processes that detail why we collect information and how we use it. For this reason there are no messages about recordings on our telephone services or via text, email and webchat. This is similar to the way emergency services such as the Police and ambulance services operate.
We record calls on most of our service lines to:
- Enable the staff member who is in contact with you to focus on your situation and giving you the support you need.
- Make contact with you if we lose the call and/or if we are concerned about your safety or the safety of anyone else.
- Help us improve our services to you by undertaking quality, audit, training and risk management processes.
These recordings are stored securely. The recordings are only accessed by the clinical staff providing services to you or for carrying out quality assurance, training, audit or risk management activities to enable us to ensure that the services we provide are safe and effective. We may also use the recordings to ensure we can appropriately investigate and manage a complaint.
We do not record other telephone consultations.
What we collect and store
We collect information about you during the checkout process on our store.
While you visit our site, we’ll track:
- Products you’ve viewed: we’ll use this to, for example, show you products you’ve recently viewed
- Location, IP address and browser type: we’ll use this for purposes like estimating taxes and shipping
- Shipping address: we’ll ask you to enter this so we can, for instance, estimate shipping before you place an order, and send you the order!
When you purchase from us, we’ll ask you to provide information including your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, phone number, credit card/payment details and optional account information like username and password. We’ll use this information for purposes, such as, to:
- Send you information about your account and order
- Respond to your requests, including refunds and complaints
- Process payments and prevent fraud
- Set up your account for our store
- Comply with any legal obligations we have, such as calculating taxes
- Improve our store offerings
- Send you marketing messages, if you choose to receive them
If you create an account, we will store your name, address, email and phone number, which will be used to populate the checkout for future orders.
We use a payment provider to process payments:
Information shared with a payment provider to process payments includes:
- Unique payment identifier
- Payment provider identifier
Who we share your data with
We will only use the data which we collect about you lawfully in accordance with the Privacy Act 1993.
Personal information gathered is kept in confidence. Only Tauranga Women’s Refuge personnel and representatives are authorised to access personal information.
Donors can request to remain anonymous and not have their name and amount of gift made public.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Our contact information